Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 22 mins Microwave 1 min
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate baking chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butterscotch baking chips
Make It Brownies
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and extracts. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in walnuts and butterscotch chips. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Drizzle
4. Place chocolate chips and 1 tsp of the oil in a small bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir until melted. Place in a small ziptop bag and make a tiny snip in one corner. Pipe over cooled brownies. Repeat with butterscotch chips and remaining 1 tsp oil. Cut into 16 brownies.
- For easy transport and storage, use Chinet paper baking pans. For more information, see page 150.)
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 185, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 26, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 64, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.