Servings: 8 Yield: 2 cups Prep 15 mins Stand 30 mins Chill 2 hrs to 24 hrs
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced or cut into spears, and/or 2 red sweet peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds or 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
1. Place cucumber or sweet peppers in a medium heat-proof bowl; set aside. Combine vinegar, sugar, and spices in a medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil. Pour through a strainer over cucumber or peppers in bowl; discard spices. Let vegetables cool in vinegar mixture for 30 minutes. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): , Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): , Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 11, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 40, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 4, Potassium (mg): 92, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.