Servings: 12 Yield: 12 cups Active Time 20 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 32 ounces zucchini noodles, (about 9 cups) (5 to 6 medium zucchini)
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces basil pesto
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Add zoodles to a large bowl. Using kitchen shears snip zoodles into 3-4-in. lengths. Add spinach.
2. Cut chicken horizontally to a thickness of about 1/2-inch. Season with salt and pepper. In a very large skillet, heat 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes per side. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes (165 degrees ). Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add chicken and pesto to zoodle mixture. Toss to combine. Top with the shaved Parmesan cheese and basil leaves. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Tip Get It to the Party
- The salad can be assembled without the pesto and refrigerated up to 24 hours before the potluck. Toss with pesto just before transport
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 176, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 4, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 1933, vit. C (mg): 18, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 49, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 270, Potassium (mg): 354, calcium (mg): 88, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.