Servings: 6 Active Time 25 mins Total Time 25 mins
For the pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the chicken and farro
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking farro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 pound (about 2 whole) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced crosswise into strips
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1. In food processor, combine basil, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pulse until basil is finely chopped. Slowly add olive oil while processor is running. Add Parmesan and process 30 seconds.
2. Prepare farro according to package directions. While it cooks, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add tomatoes, and cook undisturbed for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir, then cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken to skillet in a single layer. Cook until it's no longer pink and is lightly seared, about 3 minutes per side. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes. Return tomatoes to pan and cook 1 minute. Move to a bowl; toss with pesto. Serve over farro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 477, Fat, total (g): 20, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 50, fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 340, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.