- 1 Rotisserie chicken (reserve the meat of 1 thigh and back for Wednesday)
- 20 ounces peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Spinach Pesto
1. Heat the chicken according to directions. Cut into pieces.
2. Place the butternut squash in a steamer basket over boiling water. Steam until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Place in a large bowl, add the salt and pepper, and mash with a potato masher.
3. Toss the lettuce with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the squash and chicken pieces, drizzled with pesto.
- 2 cups tightly packed baby spinach
- 2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove
1. Blend spinach pesto in food processor: baby spinach, basil leaves, olive oil, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, salt, and garlic. Cover with olive oil. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
2. Wash and dry the Boston lettuce. Store in a paper towel-lined zip-top bag.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 123, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 18, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 33, vit. A (IU): 16461, vit. C (mg): 33, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 11, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 82, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 664, Potassium (mg): 913, calcium (mg): 116, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.