Servings: 8 Yield: side salads Prep 15 mins Cook 21 mins
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 8 ounce (1 1/4 cups) red lentils
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (see Note)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups packed baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
1. Cook rice per package directions. Cool 15 minutes in lidded pot. Fluff, then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Cool in refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, bring a separate pot of water to a boil. Add lentils. Return to a boil; cook 6 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, pomegranate molasses and salt. Stir into cooled rice and lentils. Gently fold in spinach, mint, cherries, walnuts and feta. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
4. NOTE: Can't find pomegranate molasses? Whisk together 1 tbsp honey with 2 tbsp pure pomegranate juice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 358, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 489, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.