Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Microwave 1 min Bake 350°F 35 mins Cool 15 mins
- 1 cup finely chopped red and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarse cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place sweet peppers and jalapeno in a microwave-safe dish and microwave 1 minute.
3. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk, egg and butter until dry ingredients are just moistened. Fold in peppers and corn.
4. Spoon batter evenly into prepared skillet. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes.
5. Cut into 8 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 197, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 39, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 370, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.