Servings: 20 Yield: 3 cups dip plus pita chips and/or crudites Active Time 40 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups very finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 small orange sweet peppers
- Pita chips and/or crudites for serving, such as baby carrots, cucumber spears, and celery
1. In a large non-stick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring frequequently, until the onion is golden brown and starting to crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Meanwhile, cut the tops off the peppers. Discard the cores and seeds. With a small paring knife, cut a jack o' lantern face in each pepper.
3. Transfer onions to a medium bowl, and stir in the sour cream and yogurt.
4. Divide the dip among the peppers and serve with pita chips or veggies.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 20; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 70, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 3, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 101, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 5, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 127, Potassium (mg): 53, calcium (mg): 37, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.