Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 8 mins
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 5 ounce arugula
- 1 small head butter or Bibb lettuce, cored, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 ripe pears, halved, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons raspberry-flavored or traditional balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey-Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Make It Salad
1. Combine nuts, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until almost all the liquid has cooked off, stirring constantly for the last 2 minutes. Pour nuts onto a foil-lined sheet and spread out. Let cool.
2. In large bowl, combine arugula, butter lettuce, pears, cranberries and blue cheese. Set aside. Dressing
3. In a medium-size bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, add oil in a thin stream. Gently toss salad with half of the dressing; serve remainder on the side. Coarsely chop 1 cup of the nuts and sprinkle over salad. Reserve extra nuts for snacking or another meal.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 378, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 33, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 239, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.