1. In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar and salt. With pastry blender, cut in cream cheese and shortening until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just holds together. Shape into 6-inch disk. Wrap well; refrigerate 30 minutes.Filling
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl combine cranberries and juice. Microwave 30 seconds and set aside.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Peel and core pears; halve and cut into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine pears, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in cranberries and any liquid.
5. On a lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll pastry to a 13-inch circle. Roll up pastry onto pin; unroll onto large ungreased baking sheet. Mound pear filling into center, leaving a 2 1/2-inch border. Fold border up and part way over filling (crostata should measure 8 inches across). Brush edge with egg; sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until pears are tender.