1. Preheat broiler. Line a shallow baking pan with foil; set aside. Pat tofu dry. Cut into quarters, and then crosswise into slices. In a shallow bowl combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon oil. Add tofu slices and toss gently to coat evenly.
2. Arrange tofu slices on the prepared baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning slices once.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the carrots in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Add pea pods and cook for 1 minute more. Drain and return to pan to keep warm.
4. For peanut sauce, in a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, water, vinegar, lime juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth. Drizzle sauce over tofu; toss to coat.
5. To serve, spoon tofu over brown rice and top with vegetables.