- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter (such as PB2)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 10 ounce bag bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips (about 1 1/4 cups)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, applesauce, honey, egg, egg yolk, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the white whole wheat flour, spelt flour, powdered peanut butter, salt, and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the chips.
4. Drop dough in 2 Tbs. portions 2 inches apart onto the parchment paper. Using a wet finger smooth the top of each cookie.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies puff and just start to brown on the edges.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 36; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 136, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 15, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 144, Potassium (mg): 63, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.