Servings: 5 Yield: dozen Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 12 mins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 60 Hershey's milk chocolate Kisses, unwrapped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Combine flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, shortening, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and egg. Beat at low speed until dough is stiff.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately top each cookie with a Kiss, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edges. Remove from baking sheets to racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 80, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 47, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.