Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, skin removed, sausage crumbled
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, black pepper and red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound green and white fettuccine
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
2. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sausage; cook, stirring often, until sausage is no longer pink, 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add brandy and wine; cook 2 minutes. Add cream, salt, pepper, pepper flakes; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Cook fettuccine in boiling water until done; drain. Stir cheeses, basil into sausage sauce. Toss with pasta. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 494, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 139, sat. fat (g): 15, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 449, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.