Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 package medium-size pasta shells
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Cook shells following package directions. Add peas for last 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes, whisking until smooth. Whisk in 1 cup milk. Gradually whisk in remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until smooth. Stir in salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, whisking, 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
3. Drain pasta, peas; return to pot. Add cheese sauce. Top with bacon. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 515, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 70, sat. fat (g): 13, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 849, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.