Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 9 ounce package green fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 9 ounce package white fresh cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan, optional
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers and saute for 5 minutes, stirring. Add tomatoes, garlic, red-pepper flakes, onion flakes, salt and black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 5 more minutes. Meanwhile, cook tortellini in boiling water as package directs. Drain; toss with sauce. Serve with Parmesan, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 366, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 50, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 850, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.