Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 ounces sliced prosciutto OR: Canadian bacon, chopped
- 3 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound penne
1. Heat oil in medium-size saucepan over low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, making sure garlic doesn't burn. Add prosciutto, green onion, ground red pepper and vodka; cook for 4 minutes over medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add cream and salt; cook 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook penne in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well. Toss penne with vodka sauce to coat evenly. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 491, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 1310, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.