Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Stand 5 mins Cook 14 mins
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 3 ounces)
- 1 box (16 ounces) rigatoni pasta
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup tomato-basil- flavored cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 4 ounce (4 to 6 slices) provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Shredded Parmesan (optional)
1. Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Carefully scoop out 1 cup and pour over sun-dried tomatoes in a small heatproof bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook rigatoni as per package directions, 14 minutes. Drain.
3. While pasta cooks, heat milk over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese, provolone and mozzarella until melted (mixture will be a little stringy). Stir in cornstarch-water mixture and return pan to heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until smooth.
4. Drain and finely chop sun-dried tomatoes. Stir into pasta, along with sauce and basil. Top with a little freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, and Parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 493, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 67, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 637, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.