Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins
- 1 package (8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced-fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 bag (12 ounces) broccoli slaw
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs or dry unseasoned bread crumbs (see Note)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Soak noodles in warm water to cover for 15 minutes. In a large saucepan, heat coconut milk, 4 tablespoons of the teriyaki, broccoli slaw, red pepper and salt over medium heat until broccoli and pepper are heated through. Set aside.
2. Brush both sides of chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki. Dip each in egg white, then coat completely with panko crumbs.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Saute chicken 2 to 3 minutes, then turn and cook another 2 minutes or until crumbs are crisp.
4. Meanwhile, drain noodles and add to coconut-teriyaki sauce in pan; reheat as needed. Serve noodles with chicken. Makes 4 servings.
- Look for panko crumbs in the Asian section of the supermarket.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 656, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 66, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 73, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 1475, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.