Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins Cook 20 mins
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 box (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 15 ounces part-skim-milk ricotta
- 1 3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil in nonstick saucepan 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, basil, salt and sugar. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and rinse with water.
3. Combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley in a bowl.
4. Spread 1 cup sauce over bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture; place in single layer over sauce. Spread remaining sauce over shells. Cover with foil.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 544, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 48, carb. (g): 57, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 789, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.