Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 package (12 ounces) wheat (soba) noodles
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
1. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until just tender; rinse briefly in cold water and drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, gingerroot, garlic, sesame oil, and red pepper until blended. Set aside.
3. Mix noodles with green onion, cucumber, and carrots. Divide mixture among plates and drizzle with sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 378, Fat, total (g): 15, carb. (g): 52, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 15, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.