Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 large onions, cut in half and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 pound hot Italian-style turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 ounces sliced assorted mushrooms
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 small bunches arugula (1-1/4 pounds total) or spinach, cleaned
1. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and garlic; cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, adding 2 tablespoons water halfway through. Stir in sausage, breaking up clumps; cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes, adding 1/4 cup of the broth halfway through.
2. Cook spaghetti following package directions. Drain.
3. While spaghetti is cooking, add mushrooms and 1/4 cup more broth to skillet; simmer 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, fennel seeds and pepper; cook 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and arugula; cook 2 minutes. Toss spaghetti with sauce. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 69, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 410, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.