This five-ingredient pasta recipe combines noodles and pancetta in a simple egg and Pecorino Romano cheese sauce that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
3. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the skillet of pancetta and toss to combine.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg yolks. Turn off the heat under the skillet, add the eggs and 1 cup of the cheese, and toss thoroughly to combine. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to thin the sauce to the desired consistency. Season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper.
5. Serve immediately with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese sprinkled on top.