Try meatballs and spaghetti sauce from scratch. Serve these ground beef and sausage meatballs and you'll remember why this is one of the best-loved pasta recipes for family meals.
1. Heat oven to 375 F.Meatballs:
2. Remove turkey sausage from casings and place in a large bowl. Add beef, onion, garlic, egg white, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix together, then shape into 24, 1-inch meatballs.
3. Line a baking pan with foil; add a rack and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place meatballs on rack; bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.Sauce:
4. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
5. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, puree, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add meatballs; simmer 10 minutes.
6. Cook spaghetti following package directions. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Top with meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.