Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 3 mins to 4 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shrimp and noodles:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size shrimp, cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 ounce package soba noodles
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, for garnish
Make It Dressing:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, mirin, ginger, sugar and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Shrimp and noodles:
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; saute 3 to 4 minutes, turning shrimp occasionally. Add lemon juice and salt. Remove from heat.
4. Cook noodles following package directions. Drain; rinse under cool water. Toss noodles, cucumber and red pepper with dressing. Add shrimp and any liquid. Toss gently. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 444, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 172, carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 971, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.