Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 20 mins
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pound medium shrimp in shells, cleaned
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
1. In small bowl, whisk together 1 cup water, the broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, oyster sauce and ginger for sauce.
2. Cook fettuccine following package directions. Drain. In large bowl, toss with sesame oil.
3. Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink and cooked, 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to plate.
4. Add remaining oil. Add scallions, garlic, snap peas and red peppers to wok; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add sauce; bring to a simmer and cook 30 seconds.
5. Stir in sprouts, then fettuccine and shrimp; mix to thoroughly coat and heat through, about 1 minute. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 342, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 135, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 1381, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.