Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 8 ounce cans regular tomato sauce OR: basil, garlic and oregano tomato sauce
- 1 12 ounce package cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups), each tomato halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti or cappellini
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, breaking up with wooden spoon, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until sausage is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; cook until slightly thickened and tomatoes have collapsed slightly, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm yet tender. Drain.
3. Transfer spaghetti to large bowl or platter. Pour sauce over top of spaghetti. Serve immediately, sprinkled with cheese, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 533, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 59, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 1442, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.