Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Chill 1 hr Cook 12 mins
- 3/4 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 10 ounce package frozen broccoli flowerets, thawed, drained and halved
- 2 small avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 ounces jalapeno-Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 1/4 cups bottled thick and chunky green salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Green leaf lettuce
1. Cook pasta in large pot of lightly salted boiling water until firm but tender, about 12 minutes. Add broccoli for last 5 minutes of cooking.
2. Meanwhile, peel, pit and coarsely chop avocados. Toss avocado with lime juice in small bowl.
3. Drain pasta and broccoli in colander; rinse with cold water to stop cooking; drain well. Turn into large bowl. Add avocado, black beans, cherry tomatoes, cheese, sunflower seeds, green salsa and salt; toss until well combined. Cover and chill at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
4. To serve, spoon pasta mixture over a bed of green leaf lettuce. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 463, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 16, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 740, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.