Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bowtie pasta (farfalle)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add water, 2 tablespoons at a time, if too dry. Stir in peppers and thyme. Cook about 5 minutes. Add broth and wine. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer.
2. Add sauce in batches to food processor or blender. Stir in half-and-half and salt; whirl to a puree.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place pasta in large serving bowl. Toss with sauce. Stir in basil. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 310, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 55, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 358, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.