Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dried chili pepper
- 12 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
1. Cook linguine in large pot of boiling water following package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add red peppers, garlic, chili pepper and tomatoes; cook, uncovered, until bubbling vigorously, about 4 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and basil; cook 1 minute. Remove chili pepper.
3. Drain pasta; toss with sauce in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 465, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 83, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 657, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.