This meatless pasta recipe combines eggplant, fire-roasted tomatoes, and smoky mozzarella cheese for a main dish that's ready in just over 30 minutes.
1. Trim eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook eggplant and garlic in oil for 7 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon. Add oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
4. Toss drained pasta with sauce. Add reserved pasta water, in 1/4 cup increments until desired consistency.
5. Stir in cheese and allow to melt slightly and serve.