Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 11 mins to 30 mins Microwave 30 seconds
- 5 slices precooked bacon
- 1 pound rapini (broccoli rabe), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound whole-wheat penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced, pitted black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Microwave bacon on paper towellined microwave-safe plate for 30 seconds. Crumble.
2. Blanch rapini in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon; scoop out 1/4 cup water. Return remaining water to boiling; add pasta. Cook 10 minutes, as per package instructions. Drain.
3. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, olives, red pepper and mushrooms to pan. Cook 3 minutes, until garlic is softened. Add reserved water and rapini. Cook 2 minutes. Toss with pasta, bacon and Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 410, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 6, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 196, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.