Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 6 ounces lean Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 pound penne or other short-shape pasta
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 10 minutes, until softened, adding water if needed to prevent sticking. Add Canadian bacon and vodka; cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add pasta to boiling water; cook until al dente, tender yet firm.
4. Meanwhile, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, olives, sugar, salt and pepper to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring, 12 minutes.
5. Drain pasta; transfer to bowl.
6. Add Parmesan, half-and-half and basil to skillet; heat through. Toss with hot pasta. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 397, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 919, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.