Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 16 mins Stand 10 mins
- 1 14 1/2 ounce box Barilla Plus Multigrain Penne
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch quarter-moons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 ounces sliced Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook following package directions, 11 minutes. Add zucchini and peas during last 3 minutes. Stir in spinach. Drain and place back into the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add Canadian bacon and vodka and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and red pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Stir half-and-half and 1/4 cup cheese into the sauce. Toss with pasta and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir and spoon into serving bowl and top with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 457, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 741, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.