Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 17 mins
- 1 pound multigrain penne pasta
- 2 head broccoli, florets only (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, broken up with spoon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook following package directions. Add broccoli florets during last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and reserve.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Canadian bacon and vodka and cook 2 minutes.
3. Add whole tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste, salt and red-pepper flakes. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
4. Stir in half-and-half, 1/4 cup of the cheese and half of the basil.
5. To serve, toss penne and broccoli with sauce. Top with remaining cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 429, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 64, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 954, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.