Servings: 4 Start to Finish 40 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion (or use other sweet onion), chopped
- 2 cups chopped zucchini (about 2 medium squash)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small or 3 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound farfalle or other dried pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the onion and zucchini, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir occasionally until browned and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes more.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and prepare as directed. When the pasta is done, drain it and toss with the onion and zucchini mixture and the Parmesan. Taste and adjust the seasoning, garnish with basil if you like, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 430, Fat, total (g): 12, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 66, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 265, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.