Servings: 4 Start to Finish 40 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion (or use other sweet onion), chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2- to 1-inch chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound farfalle or other dried pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the onion and eggplant, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir occasionally until browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and prepare as directed. When the pasta is done, drain it, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to the pot with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and the reserved cooking water; toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with the eggplant mixture, freshly grated Parmesan and basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 476, Fat, total (g): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 74, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 231, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.