Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 pint fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) sliced white mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound cavatappi or elbow pasta
- 6 ounces shredded light Jarlsberg cheese (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 scallion, chopped
1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Whisk together half-and-half, milk, flour, nutmeg and red pepper in medium-size bowl.
2. Cook mushrooms with salt and pepper in saucepan over high heat 15 minutes, until moisture from mushrooms has evaporated. Add wine; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
3. Add pasta to boiling water; cook until al dente, tender but still firm. Drain; transfer to bowl.
4. Meanwhile, add half-and-half mixture to mushrooms in saucepan; cook until mixture starts to thicken and bubble, 5 to 8 minutes. Whisk in cheeses until fairly smooth.
5. Pour sauce over pasta; stir well to coat. Top with scallion. Serve. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 441, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 22, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 66, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 459, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.