Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar OR: orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Bring large pot lightly salted water to boiling. Combine tomatoes, papaya, onion and ginger in bowl.
2. Combine apricot nectar, wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper in blender or food processor. Whirl until smooth. Pour into large serving bowl.
3. Cook pasta in boiling water for 11 minutes or until firm but tender. Drain; rinse under cold running water; drain well. Add to nectar mixture in bowl. Let stand at least 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
4. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or cold. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 293, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 53, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 463, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.