Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 cans (13-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound orzo (about 2 cups)
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound cooked ham, preferably smoked, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring to boiling broth, butter, garlic, oregano, black pepper and flakes in saucepan. Add orzo. Boil, stirring, 3 minutes.
2. Stir in squash, sweet pepper and peas. Cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in the Parmesan, ham and parsley until well combined. Serve the risotto immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 503, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 36, carb. (g): 70, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 523, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.