Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 pound spinach pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced chorizo or andouille sausage (about 5 ounces)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound total), diced
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced sausage, sliced onion, sweet green pepper and sweet red pepper; saute, stirring, for 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
3. Add the garlic, Creole seasoning, salt, red-pepper flakes and tomatoes with their puree. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in the chicken and shrimp. Reduce the heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 12 minutes or until the chicken and shrimp are cooked through.
4. To serve, arrange the pasta on a platter. Spoon the chicken-shrimp sauce over the pasta.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 561, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 131, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 66, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 1285, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.