Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
1. Heat oil in large deep pot. Add onion and celery; cook over medium-low heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
2. Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and beans. Bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water. Drain pasta. Add pasta to bean mixture. Add reserved water (pasta fagioli should be soupy). Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 481, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 87, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 808, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.