Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium-size zucchini, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound pasta
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with the salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
2. Stir in the salsa, beans and cumin. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and simmer 5 minutes.
3. While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions. Drain and toss with sauce. Serve immediately.