Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 12 mins Broil 8 mins
- 1 pound eggplant, cut in 3 x 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound penne, cooked and drained
- 10 oil-packed olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Shaved Parmesan (optional)
1. Coat broiler-pan rack with olive oil cooking spray. Coat eggplant strips with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
2. Broil eggplant 8 minutes or until golden on both sides, turning once.
3. Combine penne, eggplant, olives, capers, basil, tomatoes, nuts, garlic, olive oil, cheese and remaining salt in large bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve immediately, with shaved Parmesan, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 393, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 2, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 58, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 492, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.