Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 17 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add broth, orzo, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender. Stir halfway through cooking time.
3. Mix in capers and parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 269, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 376, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.