Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo (half of 1-pound box)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. Cook orzo following package directions. Drain.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger; saute until onion is softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in peas, salt, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in cooked orzo; reduce heat to medium-low and heat through, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the lemon juice and chopped fresh mint, and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 394, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 56, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 796, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.