Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons packaged seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup halved pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup halved pitted green olives
- 1 cup uncooked elbow pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Combine crumbs with milk in medium-size bowl. Add beef; mix well. Divide into 12 equal portions; shape each into a ball.
2. Heat nonstick straight-sided 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; brown all over, about 6 minutes. Remove meatballs from skillet. Add onion; saute until softened, about 8 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and olives. Bring to boiling. Stir in elbow pasta. Add meatballs; cover; simmer 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and pasta is tender.
4. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 315, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 601, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.