This popular pasta and shellfish recipe tossed in a garlic and olive oil base is a welcome addition to any family dinner. This main dish is ready-to-serve in less than 30 minutes.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine for 7 minutes until almost done (pasta will be firm). Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking water.
2. While pasta is cooking, place olive oil and anchovies in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until anchovies break down. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Pour in wine and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in canned clams with their juice and the reserved pasta water. Reduce heat to medium-low and add lemon zest and juice. Add littleneck clams; cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until clams open. Remove each clam to a plate as they open. Discard any unopened clams.
4. Add drained linguine to the skillet and toss with the clam sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes or until pasta has absorbed some of the sauce. Stir in parsley, salt and black pepper. Allow to stand for a few minutes off the heat so pasta absorbs all the sauce.
5. Spoon pasta into a large bowl and garnish with the clams and lemon slices.