Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 3 1/2 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 28 ounce cans whole plum tomatoes in puree
- 1 12 ounce package soy crumbles
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Stir together pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, soy crumbles,vinegar, dried basil, sugar and salt in slow cooker, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours or on LOW for 5 hours.
2. Stir in spaghetti, 1 cup boiling water, fresh basil and parsley and cover; cook for another hour or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 279, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 746, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.