Makes: 12 servings. Prep: 20 minutes. grill: 4 minutes. bake: at 400 degrees for 1 hour
1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill so that the coals or heating elements are medium-hot. Off the heat, lightly spray the grate with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a shallow bowl, drizzle zucchini and squash with 6 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill zucchini and squash on a hot grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside, or refrigerate overnight.
3. If you are using no-cook lasagna noodles, skip this step. Otherwise, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain well and reserve. (Drizzle them with a little olive oil to prevent sticking, if desired.)
4. Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, basil, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.Assemble lasagna:
6. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch dish. Lay several lasagna noodles over the sauce to cover, cut to fit if necessary. Layer half the zucchini and half of the squash on top of the noodles, spreading them so that they lie as flat as possible. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan and one-third of the Fontina.
7. Spread half of the ricotta filling mixture over the Parmesan and Fontina and spoon 1 cup marinara sauce over this layer. Repeat the previous steps starting with more lasagna noodles and finishing with the marinara sauce. Finally, lay lasagna noodles over the sauce and top with 1/2 cup marinara sauce and the remaining one-third of Fontina cheese.
8. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 1 hour, or until bubbly and heated throughout. Remove from oven; let rest for 15 minutes before cutting.